Since I was a little girl I have had the ability to understand everyone I talk to, quickly and easily.
Since this is your journey into North American English, I will tell you that I was never truly gifted at learning other languages…
I will always remember the day that my French instructor in Quebec told me that people just couldn’t understand me because of my pronunciation. I was shocked! I was in the Advanced class.
I will never forget how kind that teacher was to me. In all those years of high school and university, no one had ever stopped to explain that only the teachers could understand us because our pronunciation was…terrible. (We were speaking French, but with a very thick, ENGLISH accent.)
What I did have was the desire to learn. Just like YOU!
This has lead me on many adventures:
- Teaching Canadian children to read when I was eight
- Working as a tutor to two girls in my grade who spoke the native dialect of my area for Social Studies and English Literature at 13
- Traveling around the world by myself at 18 and collecting “Hello” and “Thank you” in as many languages as possible
- Being invited to be part of a year-long government French Immersion experience at 21 and teaching English part time at a college the following year
- Teaching French Immersion and English as a Second Language and tutoring high school Spanish
- Performing in a winter carnival in Quebec
- Singing at a Karaoke bar in Japan
- Learning local dances in Mexico
- Working with clients from the following language groups and more:
Chilcotin, French from Quebec, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Farsi, Arabic, Thai,
Cambodian, Russian, Serbian, Icelandic, Portuguese from Brazil, Turkish, Punjabi, French from France,
Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Swiss German, Polish, Hungarian,
Lao, Vietnamese, various African languages
The entire time I was focused on the sound of the language and on figuring out what people were doing with their mouths to make those sounds. It is my biggest passion and seeing people succeed as a result of something I have shared with them is my greatest joy.
When I turned 50, after 15 years as a pronunciation trainer, I decided to use all of my skills and over 25 years of experience as an educator to build English Pronunciation For Success. My dream is to help people succeed in learning the pronunciation skills necessary to help North American English speakers understand them. The FIRST time!
I believe that English is a world currency, like gold.
At English Pronunciation For Success,
I help you put English In Your Pocket™.
Where will clear English pronunciation lead YOU? I can hardly wait to find out!
To your success!
I'm proud to be part of these networks!
Sign up for your FREE gift!
You will automatically be added to my newsletter email list.
You’ll find really helpful tips and tricks to help you polish your English pronunciation.
When you contact me, I add you to my email list so that you will be the first to hear about products, promotions, course information, and travel opportunities!